The Chamber publishes these events on our Event Calendar as a service for our members and community based on information that is provided to us.
The information submitted to the Chamber belongs to the author and does not necessarily mirror the views and opinions of the Chamber.
A Matter of BALANCE - FREE classes Tue & Thu during July 2021
Do you have Concerns about falling?
A MATTER OF BALANCE
Managing Concerns About Falls
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls
You Will Learn To:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
This program is based on Fear of Falling: A Matter of Balance. Copyright 1995 Trustees of Boston University. All rights reserved. Used and adapted by permission of Boston University.
A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model
Recognized for Innovation and Quality in Healthcare and Aging, 2006, American Society on Aging.
A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model was developed by a grant from the Administration on Aging (#90AM2780)
Click Here To Read Past Newsletters