Eastern Pasco County's, Biggest Most Distinctive Event
See you Saturday, January 26th, 2013 From 9am to 5pm
Come and enjoy the unique, quaint and family fun of "old Florida" during our Kumquat Festival™ in historic downtown Dade City - it's one of a kind!!!
The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce has established a flagship event that celebrates everything that makes the Dade City area unique, while encouraging visitors to participate in the fun! Since the nearby town of St. Joseph was already known as the Kumquat Capital of the World, the Chamber of Commerce decided that this little fruit with a funny name could be the focus of an annual festival.
As many as 40,000 people attend our one day event every year, with over 400 vendors and 40 sponsors participating, filling our historic Downtown core. Here, visitors can enjoy all kinds of tasty kumquat treats, from kumquat pie to kumquat cookies, smoothies, ice cream, marmalade, and even kumquat salsa.
Dade City's Annual Kumquat Festival™ , held the last Saturday in January each year,(Saturday, January 26th, 2013 - 9am to 5pm) has become extremely popular for its homegrown, family-friendly entertainment. Visitors can listen to local entertainment, get their face painted, look at antique cars, and shop for arts and crafts.
Admission is FREE, transportation from the satellite parking areas is FREE, city owned public parking downtown if FREE and the experience of a unique, authentic and fun filled festival is unforgettable.
Leading up to Festival Day, a whole month of activities take place
The first Saturday of January, the Chamber of Commerce kicks off Festival month with the "Dade City Cruise-in" featuring hundreds of cool cars, thousands of attendees, great food and Downtown Dade City shopping.
On the Saturday two weeks prior to Festival Day, Downtown Dade City hosts a 5k Relay for Life, and a recipe contest, where you can invent or re-invent your favorite dishes using kumquats.
The Saturday prior to Festival Day features the "Kumquat Pageant", an event that showcases the poise, personality and presentation of our local youth, and cumulates with the crowning of "Miss Kumquat".
During the week leading up to Festival Day, our Downtown Merchants compete in the Window Decorating Contest and the Kumquat Growers host an Open House with grove and packing house tours - all part of the festivities that round out our Kumquat Festival month.
Many of our visitors come back after the Festival to see the Historic Courthouse and experience more of everything there is to enjoy in Downtown Dade City. (Please see our Shopping and Dining tab at www.dadecitychamber.org)
Directions to Dade City
– from Interstate 75 – east on Highway 52 to Downtown Dade City (on Festival Day - free satellite parking at the Pasco Fairgrounds on Highway 52 coming into Dade City, free shuttle to the Festival)
– From Highway 301 north or south follow into Downtown Dade City (on Festival Day - free satellite parking across from Jarrett Ford, free shuttle to the Festival)
Come and join us – for more information call our Chamber at 352.567.3769
A Special Thanks to Our Sponsors
- AAA Auto Club South
- BloodNet USA
- Brooksville Cardiology
- Calvary Assembly of God
- Cornerstone Air
- Dog-Mania & Cat's and By Design
- Early Learning Coalition (Pasco & Hernando)
- Family Medical Center
- First Baptist Church Dade City
- Habitat for Humanity (East & Central Pasco)
- Heritage Park Health & Rehabilitation
- HPH Hospice
- Ierna's Heating & Cooling
- Inland Homes
- K & M Travel
- The Laker/Lutz News
- Mid Florida Credit Union
- Molina Healthcare
- Morningside RV Estates
- Pasco County Health Department
- Peterson LRA Insurance
- Pasco Hernando Community College
- Pasco Shopper
- Sam's Club
- Super Peeler
- The Garden of Eden Salon & Day Spa
- Toffee To Go
- True Oldies 106.3
- Zephyrhills News
For Information Please Call Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce at 352-567-3769.
Join The Fun! - Applications for Download (PDF):(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader Software - Get It HERE)
- Car & Truck Show Information
- Craft Vendor Application
- Food Vendor Application
- Miss & Mr Kumquat Pageant Application
- Recipe Contest Entry Form
- Quilt Challenge Entry Form & Rules
- American Cancer Relay for Life Kumquat Festival™ Race
- Kids Corral Application (please request our Kids Corral (kids area) application by phone or email)
- Volkssport 5k & 10k Walks
- Safety Letter
- Miss & Mr Kumquat Festival Program